Memeber area information
Manage your GS1 numbers, barcodes, and product information
• To access Activate go to https://activate.gs1.org and log in.
• Familiarise yourself with the Dashboard. From here you can add, view and edit products (My Products).
• Add your first product. Start with a consumer/base unit. Enter product information such as: name, description, weight, size, flavour, colour, a photograph, et cetera. This information helps you identify and manage your product inventory and associated barcodes.
• Continue adding new products and additional packaging options (such as multiple-unit cases) until you complete your current product offerings.
• Print or save individual product summaries in PDF documents for reference.
• Generate and download barcode images in a variety of formats.
For full guidance on how to use Activate, download the Activate User Guide.
If you are considering terminating your membership, there are a few things you need to ensure you have done before you can resign your membership. All use of our standards, and the numbers that we have provided through your membership, must cease. All barcoded products should be removed from the market, along with any online listings.
We are unable to refund any payments for the part use of your annual membership. Your membership will remain active until we have received the resignation form that your assigned prefixes have been removed from the supply chain, and you have received confirmation from GS1 Malta that your account has been closed.
Once your account has been closed, we will return all your assigned prefixes to us. As agreed when you became a GS1 Malta member, it is important that you immediately stop using any of the GS1 identifiers and barcodes, since continuing to use them could lead to duplication problems for GS1 Malta members.
For this reason GS1 Malta ,in co-operation with its members, actively monitors all barcodes currently in use and will take action if any barcodes are discovered that appear to meet the General GS1 Specifications, but are not registered with GS1.
Use it to understand when to change a GTIN used within open retail supply chains.
The Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) Management Standard is designed to help industry make consistent decisions about the unique identification of trade items in open supply chains